Unfortunate Concerns


A part of the process involved with the motorcycle accident and all of the lingering aftereffects has been the way in which it affects others. My leg sustained a lot of damage and it is a constant source of annoyance. I often have trouble with motion when I first stand, I feel pain often that spans from the hip to the shin along with everything in-between, and my leg sometimes swells to twice its (normal?) diameter from the knee to the ankle when I've been walking for a long period of time. Sounds fun? Sure is! 

The people closest to me are very much aware of these things and, consequently, my daughter worries about me more than the average person. A few days ago she was speaking to me about something related to knee replacement surgery. She mentioned it to me in a very light way, but also as a reality for the not so distant future. The thing is that I have mentioned many times over the past year that I have decided that I will only have knee surgery if there is a sign associated with it, such as palm trees growing year-round on the South Pole. 

The fact that my daughter mentioned knee surgery to me so casually tells me that she's worried about my leg and thinks that perhaps some surgical help would be beneficial. I'm unhappy with the fact that the accident continues to affect my family members in such an evident way, but this seems to be a part of the package. I honestly envision myself as the strong link at home, and it bothers me that my wife and my daughter feel the need to worry about my health. I continue to function fairly well, but I do wish that there was a way to better hide the things that my body feels. I honestly hate to be a source of burden to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Feel Like Using British Slang!

Scary Talk?

At Last